Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Responsibility

When I was growing up I was taught to take responsibility for my actions and my words. I was taught that I needed to recognize my part in a situation and that, in most cases, when hurt by idol gossip or a hurtful situation I still ultimately had a choice and a part in it. Now I see that it is a rare person that takes their part in a bad situation, everyone is quick to dismiss their part in it and put it all on other individuals. Frankly, I see that having that reaction only hurts yourself. If you cant take responsibility in your part of drama then you never learn from it, forgive the situation and truly move on. I think people who don't take responsibility for their own actions just end up blaming the world and being the victim and never truly become a vital part of humanity. 


I admire my spouse because he has always been able to look  what he has done, take responsibility and hold himself accountable. He has taught me that it is the only way to truly grow and move forward. Mistakes are welcome in our house not feared because we use the mistakes to learn and not repeat it. Blaming others and pretending your innocence is only hurting you and it does nothing to enrich humanity. People need to see that there is nothing good in creating a patsy, nothing good comes from blaming others and not owning to the fact that you were wrong, you made wrong choices or spoke out of turn. 


We try to raise our daughter to hold herself accountable, to take responsibility for her actions but ultimately if we don't set the bar and do it ourselves she will not learn. I hope at least one person reads this and makes the choice to own their part in their life and no longer blame others for their errors in judgement. 

No comments:

Post a Comment